Fundraising Complaints Process
If you have a complaint about our fundraising then please follow the three step process below which is provided by the Fundraising Standards Board:
If you have a complaint about one of our scheme members, the first thing to do is to contact them and outline your concerns or we are happy to do this for you. To check if they are a member use our member search tool
If you are not happy with their response to your complaint, and if your complaint is about fundraising, then you can raise it with us. We will investigate the complaint and work with you and our member to try to resolve the problem.
If you still aren’t happy at the end of step 2, you have the option to take the matter to our Board of Directors. They will look at the complaint again to see if it has breached one of the codes or our Fundraising Promise. They will then decide whether to uphold or reject it. If the complaint is upheld, then they can tell our member to take action to make sure the same thing doesn’t happen again. If the complaint is a serious breach of the Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Fundraising Practice or the Fundraising Promise, the member can be thrown out of the scheme.
We will publish all Board adjudications on complaints on our website. The names and addresses of complainants will remain anonymous.
- You must register your complaint with our member within three months of the incident occurring.
- The scheme member must acknowledge your complaint within 14 days of them receiving it.
- The scheme member should inform you of their response to your complaint within 30 days of them acknowledging it.
- You then have 2 months to bring the complaint to us if you are not happy with the scheme members response.
- If you pass the complaint to us, we will acknowledge it within 14 days of receiving it and will inform you of the results of our investigation within 30 days.
- If you wish the matter to be taken to our Board of Directors, they will review the complaint within 60 days